Sunday, May 19, 2013

WEEK 9 - TUTORIAL WEEK 9 ( Non- Finite Clauses)

Afiqah Binti Abd Aziz (A142754)



Our class discussed about non-finite clauses. And all of us we given exercises based on the topic by our lecturer. As for me, I'm quite blur about non-finite clauses at first. Later, after completed the exercises and discuss among all of my classmates, I can feel the difference. I got a new understanding about non-finite clauses. Two things that i really remember are the 'bare infinitives' and 'to infinitives'. There are another 2 which is quite difficult for me to understand. But, during tutorial, Dr. Noorizah taught us and explained about both finite and non-finite clauses. I am able to see the differences between both which is : Finite clauses- both independent and dependent are possible. As for non- finite clauses: only dependent clause.

Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tan Hun Yong
    No jokes man...
    One moment i though i got this , the next second i got confused again...
    Anyway, for a basic review , here is what i found about non-finite clause :
    CONSTRUCTION EXAMPLE
    to-infinitival to write a novel
    bare infinitival write a novel
    gerund-participial writing a novel
    past-participial written a novel

    ReplyDelete